Without a proper bed frame, a mattress loses its support and stability. And having a quality bed frame is very important. There are plenty of bed frames online. Yet what you need is the best in quality but will not be heavy on the budget. This guide will help you look at the most important factors to consider for bed frame.
Start With a Budget
Setting a budget first can help narrow down your options quickly. You now have a mattress and you have spent a lot of money for it. Now you have to find the bed frame. And you might go for the cheapest bed frame option in the market. This though may affect the quality of the frame. Weigh your options before you decide.
Look At the Bed Frame Size
There is a great chance that you purchased the mattress first. In this case, choosing the right bed frame is very important. But first, you have to know the correct dimension of the mattress that you purchased.
Here are the bed frame sizes to choose from:
Twin: 38” x 75”.2
Twin XL: 38” x 80”.
Full/Double: 54” x 75”
Queen: 60” x 80”
King: 76” x 80”
California King: 72” x 84”
Proper Bed Height
The bed frame height is another factor to consider. Find the proper bed frame height by sitting in a chair with your feet flat on the ground. Measure the seat height as this is the best bed frame height. Most would prefer knee-high bed frames. You can also choose a higher bed if that’s your preference. It’s also a great choice for added storage underneath it.
What Makes a Good Bed Frame
It is important that you know what really makes a good bed frame. This can help you decide which ones to buy if you are ready to purchase them. There are certain factors to consider when looking at the quality of bed frames. Make sure that you look into all these determining factors:
- Construction: Check if you need special tools when putting it together on your own.
- Headboard: Also check the headboard if you want to have one. Though it’s not necessary, this can provide extra back and neck support and overall aesthetics.
- Materials: Check the materials used and make sure it’s sturdy and durable.
- Stability: Ensure that the bed frame is stable enough. Try to push or put pressure on it as it should not creak or move from side to side.
- Support: The bed frame should have enough support from top to bottom. It should have extra support underneath for better stabilization.
Choosing the right bed frame all comes down to personal preference. Yet you also have to consider the size of the bed and how much space it will need in the room. Overall, make sure that you are choosing a good bed frame as mentioned above. Take note of the tips to help you pick the right bed frame for you.