The bedroom is the place where you spend a third of your day. A good bed coverlet can make all the difference in how you feel when you sleep.
To take your bedroom design to the next level, you must invest in the best bed coverlets for modern homes. Check out these tips on what to look for and what not to look for when shopping around; after reading this post, your new bedding will be here before you know it!
1) You’ll want something easy-to-clean or stain-resistant, wrinkle-free, and machine washable. The material should also feel comfortable against your skin and breathe well.
2) It should be easy to remove and replace. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions when removing your coverlet.
3) Any feather or down filling will make you and your bed feel more luxurious and soft. Some new designs use synthetic fibers – which is okay and a lot cheaper but will affect how well it can insulate your bedding (if you’re concerned about heating your room). If you want something natural, there are many options like cotton, duck down, or feathers that are just as comfortable.
Check out this post on the different down types: What Down Is Best For You?
“Down-like” fillings are often used interchangeably with feathers and duck-down fillings. It all depends on the quality and texture of the down. To ensure that you get a good down or feather filling, you want to ensure that it’s free of oils, unlike many synthetics. You may want to take the time to read this post on whether your bedding is synthetic.
4) Filling should be thick enough so that there won’t be any cold spots when you sleep.
5) The fillings should not show through when your sides are unzipped or zipped up all the way. You can spot a minimal amount of down if it’s carefully folded over itself in a way that makes it invisible.
- Your bedding should be easy to clean and will not require much maintenance.
- It should have a zipper that seals the fillings in place and keeps them from shifting, leaving you with a lumpy coverlet when you sleep. If it doesn’t have one, you will want to look for one that’s well-attached or easily comes loose when zipped.
8) Your new bedding will add to the aesthetics of your bedroom. Transparent and neutral colors are often used for the beds themselves, so it’s not too out of place if your quilt is decorated with different colors (like orange feathers).
In conclusion, modern homes’ highest quality bed coverlets should be waterproof, breathable, and removable. They should be easy to remove and recycle too. Many homeowners also sought-after features of machine washable, wrinkle resistant, stain resistant, and hypoallergenic. The fillings used in high-quality bedding are either down or feather-like with little to no odor.